Marjorie Kelly has had her writing published in many different venues, including during her 20 years as President of Business Ethics magazine. Her more recent work on a variety of projects at Tellus Institute and Cutting Edge Capital has led to numerous publications. Below is a selected list of her publications. For more detail on her writing, please choose Articles and reports or Business ethics below.
- Community wealth building: America’s emerging assetbased approach to city economic development, Renewal: A Journal of Social Democracy, 2016.
- A Wave Is Rising, Stanford Social Innovation Review, January 5, 2015.
- Looking towards the next century of community foundations, CSR Wire, November 18, 2014.
- Living Enterprise as the Foundation of a Generative Economy in The Systems View of Life: A Unifying Vision, by Fritjof Capra and Pier Luigi Luisi (Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press, 2014).
- Enterprise Financing for WealthWorks Value Chains, Tellus Institute, April 2014.
- Journey to a generative economy: Learning about alternative ownership models through Open Source design, e-Organizations & People, Spring 2013, Vol. 20, No. 1.
- Waking Up to Hope, THERE Journal of Design, Vol. 9, 2013
- The Architecture of Enterprise, GTI Perspectives on Critical Issues, December 2012.
- Worker Equity in Food and Agriculture: Practices at the 100 largest and most influential U.S. companies. Tellus Institute and Sustainalytics, October 2012.
- Can There Be “Good” Corporations?, Yes! Magazine, April 16, 2012.
- Redefining Finance: Pathways to a Resilient Future, Tellus Institute, Capital Institute, and Corporation 20/20, August 9, 2012.
- Redesign Private Ownership to Create a Truly Generative Economy in Priorities for a new political economy: Memos to the Left. Progressive Governance, Policy Network, Oslo, 2011.
- Impact Investing for Rural Wealth Creation: Investing for financial returns and community impact by Marjorie Kelly, Tellus Institute, with Jessica Norwood, Emerging ChangeMakers Network, November 2010.
- A Different Kind of Ownership Society, by Marjorie Kelly and Shanna Ratner, Yes! Magazine, August 3, 2010.
- Economic Genesis, Peace & Policy Journal, Vol. 14, 2009.
- Keeping Wealth Local: Shared Ownership and Wealth Control for Rural Communities, Tellus Institute and Yellow Wood Associates, November 2009
- Corporate Design: The Missing Organizational and Public Policy Issue of Our Time, by Marjorie Kelly and Allen White, Tellus Institute, November 2007.
- Transform Corporate Purpose, Chapter 8 in the report, Strategic Corporate Initiative: Toward a Global Citizens’ Movement to Bring Corporations Back Under Control, September 2007 from Corporate Ethics International.
Links to selected articles forthcoming