Marjorie Kelly often writes blog posts for various online publications. Here you will find a selected listing of her blogs and excerpts of her writing that have been published elsewhere. See below for a listing of selected reviews and press mentions of Marjorie Kelly and her most recent book, Owning Our Future.
- A Powerful, Under-Used Tool for Addressing the Roots of Inequality: Inclusive Ownership in Stanford Social Innovation Review, September 28, 2016.
- Building the Inclusive City: Collaborative approaches to economic development are seeing results in Stanford Social Innovation Review, November 12, 2015.
- 7 Paths to Development That Bring Neighborhoods Wealth, Not Gentrification in Yes! Magazine, November 11 2015.
- A Wave Is Rising: Community foundations are seeing growing activity in building community wealth in Stanford Social Innovation Review, January 5, 2015.
- Indian Country the Site of New Developments in Community Wealth Building in Community-Wealth.org, July 7, 2014.
- Living Enterprise as the Foundation of a Generative Economy in Slow Money Letter, February 19, 2013.
- Living Enterprise as the Foundation of a Generative Economy in Worldwatch’s State of the World 2012, “Moving toward Sustainable Prosperity,” December 2012.
- Worker Equity: The Unasked Question for the Global Food Movement Tellus Institute and Sustainalytics release a new report titled Worker Equity in Food and Agriculture. Marjorie Kelly analyzes the findings on Talkback. CSRwire, October 29, 2012.
- Let’s Call Mitt’s Brand of Business What It Is: Extractive in Huffington Post, September 7, 2012.
- CSRwire 5-part blog series on the Generative Economy: Distributed on CSRwire, July – October, 2012.
- Learning to See the Invisible: The Unsung Ownership Revolution, July 31, 2012 In the first in this blog series, Kelly shares her stories and lessons learned about emerging ownership models. This is the first post in the series.
- Finding Resilience in Crisis: The Benefits of Locally Rooted Banks, August 28, 2012 Community-based banks weathered the financial storm well – but new international regulations could threaten their existence.
- Unintended Consequences: New Regulations Threaten Community Banks, September 11, 2012 In the wake of the financial crisis, regulators have enacted rules to rein in the big banks that are threatening to crush the more responsible smaller banks who contributed little to the crisis in the first place.
- The Pursuit of Employee Happiness: That’s the Purpose of U.K.’s Largest Department Store Chain, September 26, 2012 Employee ownership isn’t just for small companies – neither is prioritizing employee welfare.
- Journeys to the Generative Economy: five models of community ownership, for Women’s International League for Peace and Freedom, Summer 2012.
- Can There Be “Good” Corporations? in YES! Magazine, April 16, 2012.
Reviews and Press Mentions
- Book Review by SenScot,net on April 23, 2013.
- Who owns us? Who owns our future? Review by Bruce Cahan, Solutions Magazine, February 2013. Reprinted by Resilience.org.
- Creating the Structures for a Generative Economy Review by Beth Tener, Principal at New Directions Collaborative, Jan 7, 2013.
- Owning our Future: When Systems Theory Meets Corporate DesignReview on CSRWire by Susan Ware, Nov 14, 2012.
- Book Review by OEOC On page 27 in the Summer 2012 issue of Owners at Work by the Ohio Employee Ownership Center.
- Radio Interview on Real Food Empire with Stephanie Georgieff August 5, KCCA Radio 1050AM, Loma Linda, CA Hear Marjorie speak about her new book, the John Lewis Partnership, Organic Valley, and more on the interview podcast (Marjorie is on halfway through the program).
- Radio Interview by Maria Armoudian Insighters & Scholars’ Circle, July 8th, 2012.
- Press Release on Owning Our Future Berrett-Koehler Publishers, June 4, 2012.
- When No One’s in Charge Review of Owning Our Future in the Harvard Business Review, May, 2012.
- There Is a Way! Beyond the Big, Bad Corporation Marjorie Kelly interviewed in Huffington Post article by Tara Lohan, May 22, 2012.